Current Employment Opportunities
Coordinates the review and research for development projects for compliance with the Comprehensive Plan, Land Development Code, and County design standards.
Prepares and/or directs preparation and maintenance of necessary records, reports and correspondence; presents data in a professional manner.
Provides testimony for public hearing projects and aids in preparation of staff reports.
Coordinates preparation and reviews designs for projects, estimates project costs.
Checks drawings and quantities; writes specifications for bids; attends pre-bid conferences, inspects construction in the field; negotiates change orders; checks and approves contractor payments.
Signs and seals drawings and other pertinent documents.
Effectively schedules, assigns and oversees work of technical staff, when necessary.
Reads and interprets complex engineering plans and specifications and utilizes highly complex engineering techniques in the solution of problems associated with area of assignment.
Communicates clearly, effectively and tactfully, orally and in writing, including preparing and presenting reports, briefings and data in a professional manner; establishes and maintains effective working relationships with others; makes effective professional public presentations.
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering field.
Minimum of five (5) years engineering experience related to Traffic Engineering.
Must possess current Florida Professional Engineer (P.E..) License (may consider out-of-state P.E.. License, with ability to transfer to Florida within one (1) year of hire date).
Minimum of one (1) year as Engineer of Record.
Valid Florida driver's license.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Area of Assignment: Traffic Engineering
Primarily responsible for reviewing signing and pavement markings, signalization, maintenance of traffic plans associated with construction plans from both external and internal customers.
This position will also assist and be responsible for providing development plan reviews, coordination with FDOT regarding access management meetings, as well as reviewing traffic studies from operational and safety point of view.
In addition, this position will design, sign and seal traffic design plans and specifications for in-house projects.
Applicants can follow this link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/manateecounty/jobs/1849662/traffic-engineer
Multimodal Transportation Planner at Manatee County
Manatee County has a Multimodal Transportation Planning position that is currently open. Minimum of three (3) years professional experience in transportation planning, modeling or traffic engineering. Prior experience with site impact analysis and travel demand modeling is highly desired. This classification applies transportation planning principles in the analysis, review, and reporting of land use impacts on multimodal transportation needs.
Applicants can follow this link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/manateecounty/jobs/1746965/multimodal-transportation-planner before 6/19/2017. Please contact Nelson Galeano at the Manatee County if you have any questions:
Nelson Galeano. P.E., PTP.
Transportation Systems Engineer
Manatee County Public Works Department
Transportation Planning Division
1022 26th Avenue East Bradenton Fl. 34208
Phone (941) 748-4501 Ext. 7420
American is currently seeking a Traffic Engineer in our Wesley Chapel office.
Performing transportation and traffic analysis, traffic demand modeling, traffic studies, traffic simulation using various software programs including HCS, Synchro, CORSIM, VISSIM and FSUTMS. Working with a team of professionals to investigate traffic problems and provide recommended improvements for traffic operation and safety.
· Accredited Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering. EI preferred
· 2-5 years of overall experience in traffic engineering
· Hand on knowledge of typical traffic analysis tools and softwares such as HCS, Synchro, CORSIM, Cube Voyager etc.
· Ability to work under general supervision
Please mail, fax or email your resume and salary history/requirements to:
American Consulting Professionals, LLC
2818 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Suite 200
Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
firstname.lastname@example.org (MS WORD or PDF attachments, please)
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- EI Certification is required.
- Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) roadway design/production experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- MS Office knowledge required.
- Experience with MicroStation or AutoCad is a plus.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: Synchro, Vissim, HCS, Signal 4 Analytics, and Crash Analysis Reporting System.
- Serve in a technical role, under the direction of a Project Manager, on the engineering development of traffic studies, traffic analysis and transportation projects.
- Utilize various engineering manuals such as the Manual on Uniform Traffic Studies, the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, and others, to conduct research and develop recommendations regarding traffic safeties, design and operations.
- Perform math calculations.
- Perform drafting and CAD assignments, following detailed instructions.
- Coordinate with other disciplines, as required.
- Perform field observations of construction, where appropriate.
- Perform various other responsibilities deemed necessary by the supervisor on an as-needed basis.
ELEMENT ENGINEERING GROUP, LLC
Element Engineering Group, LLC (ELEMENT) has served the engineering needs of public- and private-sector clients since 2006 in the areas of transportation engineering, structures, utilities, civil, and survey. Our efforts focus on providing quality services while maintaining high ethical standards with regard for the public, community, and the environment. Our significant repeat business rate—90 percent—reflects our commitment to strictly adhering to these principals on every project for each of our clients. We offer the same level of commitment to technical excellence on all projects—large or small. ELEMENT is a certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE); Minority Business Enterprise (MBE); and Small Business Enterprise (SBE) with various municipalities and governments throughout Florida; including the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), the State of Florida, and the City of Tampa.
ELEMENT ENGINEERING GROUP, LLC -- 1713 E. 9th AVENUE | TAMPA, FL 33605
P: 813.386.2101 | F: 386.2106 | TF: 888.603.1942
AJAIKARAN@ELEMENTEG.COM | WWW.ELEMENTEG.COM
Please contact us with your employment announcements to be advertised on this website.