HNTB job oportunities
Certified Engineering Intern – Pasco County
SALARY RANGE: $50,057.00 – $81,693.00 Annually
SALARY DISCLOSURE/GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Starting Salary: $50,057.00
Salary Range for this Position: $50,057.00 – $81,693.00
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Career Service Manual for starting salary information.
General Description: Advanced Engineering work in conducting traffic engineering studies and determining solutions based on a traffic engineering review. Review of plans, designs, and specifications of maintenance of traffic and design plans on County roads for Capital Improvement Projects, and ROW permit applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs various traffic studies and data collection. Conducts traffic studies investigations of citizen requests and prepares responses to citizens Operates various traffic studies equipment including traffic counters, turning movement counters, distance measuring instruments, GPS, and reflectometers. Acts as a crew leader for the Traffic Technician Is in the performance of their duties under the supervision of the Traffic Engineering Supervisor. Prepare reports on investigations performed. Review Maintenance of Traffic Plans. Perform field inspections for signing and pavement marking compliance with plans. Compare construction shop drawing submittals for signing and pavement marking with approved plans for compliance. Review submitted Maintenance of Traffic Plans for compliance with MUTCD and FDOT requirements Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate various traffic studies equipment including, but not limited to, Turning Movement
- Counters, Road Tube and Loop/Piezo Traffic Counters.
- Knowledge of the principles of civil engineering, especially traffic engineering.
- Ability to prepare, read and interpret moderately complex engineering plans.
- Ability to prepare and submit clear and precise engineering and related reports orally and written.
- Ability to work with the public.
- Knowledge of Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) and Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) design manuals, standards, specifications, and indexes.
- Public speaking experience and the ability to deal with the public, contractors, engineers, architects, property owners, FDOT, County employees, and elected officials.
- Ability to review engineering computations.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, aerial photos and maps.
- Ability to compile data and statistics.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, digital camera, speed data recording devices, and related equipment.
- Ability to supervise technicians, in the absence of the Traffic Engineering Supervisor, in the performance of their duties.
- Ability to utilize AutoCAD in the production of plans.
- Ability to convert / utilize survey data in the preparation of design plans for signing and pavement marking.
- Preferred experience in ArcGIS.
- Registration as an Engineer Intern in the State of Florida is preferred.
- Preferred FDOT Intermediate Maintenance of Traffic certification.
PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to lift and / or move up to 25 pounds and also push or pull heavy objects.
May use a handling device (dolly, cart, etc.) or work with another team member to lift / or move excessively heavy objects. Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written, and visual communication. Requires working outdoors, standing, stooping, and bending. Requires operation of a motor vehicle.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with three (3) years of experience directly related to the field of engineering OR licensed as an Engineer Intern with a minimum of one year of experience as an Engineer I working in the field of engineering.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid driver’s license. International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Signs and Markings, Level I certification is required. IMSA Signs and Markings Level II must be obtained within 12 months of hire date.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida law.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE: Under Section 295.07, F.S., Chapter SSA-7, Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants.
Please contact us to advertise your employment announcements.